Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One year check-up

Dresden had his one year check up the day after his birthday. He did pretty good with his shots but I feel bad it just comes out of no where. One minute he's sitting there and the ext his getting poked 3 times, he just looked so surprised and confused! Poor guy. Here are his stats.

Height: 29 1/2 inches-25-50%
Weight: 19lbs 12oz -10% (umm seems a little low?)
Head: 46 1/2cm-50-75%

So he actually lost weight from him 9 month appt. He was 20lbs then. I'm sure all the walking has contributed to that! Neither of my babies have ever been in the 10% of anything so that's weird and I'm hoping they wrote it down wrong!
Dresden can really be so fun! If I want him to give me kisses I have to take him to the landing on the stairs and he does it through the bars...every time! He never gives me one anywhere else. He's started doing the fake squinty smile that Ava always does. It's so funny. He understands so much right now. I'm always worried about the speech thing for obvious reasons but he does jabber alot! He does the mama dada but that's about it. I swear he has said hi, go, nana(banana), and bye though. He loves Ava's tent, that's my go-to toy that always makes him happy(aside from his favorite dog).
He has such a different personality than Ava did. He is always into the cupboards and pulling everything out. He loves to bang on the pans and make the loudest noise! Ava is always covering her ears. She never did anything like that, we never had little locks on the cupboards. I already had to move my glass stuff! I keep finding toys and food in there!
I love when he squats to play with things. I love when Ava actually talks to him and he lights up! I love when he "runs".I love his sloppy open mouth kisses. I love when he runs to daddy when he comes home from school and won't leave him for a good 5 minutes. I love his sweet squeezes!
He is a stubborn little guy and can throw crazy tantrums already. Like through himself on the floor tantrums. He knows exactly what he wants. He is a good little napper(is that a word?),and sleeps through the night.
Well I think that's everything I want to document so here are some recent pics!


Crazy naked boy. He is so happy at night!




He's been doing this lately when he's on his way up. He'll just still there for a minute or two!

Loves to make noise!





He thought he was pretty funny in Daddy's hat!

1 comment:

welovebees said...

I can't believe he is a year - he is so cute. I am glad he is happy at night - that is Sean's fussy time, although it has gotten better lately so that is good. I love a naked baby in a bathrobe!!!