Friday, February 1, 2008

I can SEE!!


So I had my lasik surgery done last night and it was great!! The wait was forever but luckily the nurses were super nice. During my initial appointment all the nurses were obsessed with Ava. They played with her the whole time we were there and she was loving every minute. SO when we went in the the actual surgery they totally remembered us and let us go home and wait for most of it while the other patients had to wait there! And when I came back she sneakily put me in the room that was going in next! Yeah!! There were some people that had been there since 12:30 and our room didn't go into surgery until 5:30! So that was awesome! When it was my turn I wasn't really that nervous for the sugery, just the going home part. I've been so nervous that I'm going to mess them up or something. The actual surgery was like 10 minutes(5 min per eye). It was so hard to keep my eye open during the whole thing and the Dr. was not happy that I couldn't hold my right eye open! Hello isn't it everyone's reaction when there are things coming at your eye, drops being put in and bright lights shining in them to close your eye or flinch...Sheesh. My left eye went much better! It didn't hurt at all. It was weird when I could see the flap part that they cut going back and forth! Seeing that part sure motivated me to open my eyes as much as possible! Crazy! After it was over they put these glass pactches over my eye and I was out the door. Eric had to lead me out though. Well that was it and now I have lots of different drops I have to put in but I can actually see really well. The hardest part is remembering to put the right drops in at the right time! And I'm so thankful for such a wonderful husband who took such great care of me and Ava. He pretty much had her all day. Thanks babe I love you! I came home and slept from 7pm to 6:30am! Today I had a follow-up appt. (thanks Karrissa for watching Ava) and was informed that my right eye has a contact on it! What??? I was shocked, thanks for telling me yesterday! I guess it's acting as a bandaid-probably for all that moving around my eye did yesterday! I can take it off in two days! Well anyway thats my lasik story-not very exciting but I love being able to see with out contacts or glasses.It only gets better form here! I hightly recommend getting it done! I'm sure Eric is glad to, not only does it save us money in the long run he doesn't have to be the contact nazi at night anymore! Yeah!!

I couldn't take a picture of my surgery so I'm putting up someone elses! I know no one likes a post with no pcitures! :)

Don't ya just love technology!
Seriously I couldn't even see the big E without my contacts.. it some how was just not there??

3 comments:

Annie said...

That is awesome! I know how it feels to be blind. How would it be to see the giant E on the chart? I am jealous, but also glad I know someone who has had it done and is fine. I want to get my eyes done, I have always been too scared though. Now you can see your baby when you wake up in the morning...or in the middle of the night!!

Camille Kinghorn said...

I'm glad it all went well and you can see now!! That is so exciting!

April said...

Isn't technology amazing? I am so excited for you! I'm going to have David read your post so he'll see what it's like. Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well.