We decided to put Ava in swim lessons because she has never been in them before and we heard of a cute teacher who teaches at her house. Ava loves swimming and she was VERY excited about swim lessons! They were everyday for two weeks for 45 minutes. I tried to prepare her a little and up until the moment the teacher asked her to put her face in the water she was fine. And after that she was freaking out! She had a death grip on the poor teacher! She looked so scared and confused about why she had to "hum" and go underwater. She was screaming less after the first two days and by the fourth day she was putting her face in while she waited on the stairs! Woohoo!! She was actually doing really well on her back too. Swimming on her belly was a whole other story. She was being such a little stinker and wouldn't even try. I was getting so frustrated with her. Once the teacher worked with her a little she started to try more. I started to wonder if her anxiety about swimming on her belly was because she never sleeps or plays on her belly. The last day of class the teacher said "wow she is so uncomfortable on her belly, does she sleep on her belly"? Nope she doesn't! She also asked about crawling for some reason but actually Ava did only crawled for a month and then started walking! Who knows if that has anything to do with it but interesting that the teacher asked about it.
I was so proud today she swam on her belly and actually put her face in at the same time! We were out of town a couple days during the two weeks so she has some make-up days. She seemed alot less stressed too. Over all I think it was really good for her. She still loves the water and her favorite thing to do is put her face in! We have a lot of work to do with her but I know she'll get there!
After seeing how terrified Ava was I talked Eric into putting Dresden in the last half of the little ones class. I wanted to introduce him earlier than we did Ava. He was awesome and did great going under. I think his favorite part was the starbursts at the end. He got pretty good at blowing bubbles too. By the end he was jumping off the side and not running away when I got him out of the pool! I had fun being in there with him though and we will definitely be doing more next summer!

This doesn't really have anything to do with swim lessons excpet that this was right before one of Ava's classes. I was combing her hair and I turned around to this! Pictures don't do it justice and I couldn't find the video camera but it was so cute. He was sooooo tired he was bobing his head and trying to stay up with eye's closed. After taking a few pictures I felt bad and just laid him down for minute before we left. So sweet though.


So calm on her back



yummy starbursts!

The teacher finally made her go through the hoop...

but this was what she was doing right before that! :)

She lived!!!
Dresden was a good kicker!
2 comments:
That is so fun. I want to try that hula hoop trick with KD and see if she will swim through it. Those pictures of Dre are so fun. He is so cute.
all your pictures are so darling. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment