I still can't believe she is two! It's so much fun to watch her grow and learn new things. I love when she copies things that we do. She is adjusting to the new baby but still doesn't want much to do with him. Which right now I think is sort of a good thing! She is a great big sister and always wants to know where he is when she wakes up and she loves to show him her toys.
We had her two year check up and these were her stats... Weight: 28lbs Height: 35 inches.
We spend her actual birthday with just the three of us. We had our usual birthday Mickey Mouse pancakes after she opened her presents. Her big present was a slide we found on Craig's list on Valentines night for $50! I was so happy because it was $160 if we bought it new so we were just going to have to wait. She loved it too! It was nice it fell on a holiday so Eric could spend the day with us. We didn't end up doing to much because it was raining all day but we had fun hanging out together. The next day we had a little party with all her friends. She was obsessed with Horton Hears a Who so we made her a Horton cake. It was harder than we thought but it did end up looking like an elephant! She loved showing her friends her new toys and of course all the attention she was getting. It was fun to see her have her own day and make everything about her. Thanks everyone for coming!
We had her two year check up and these were her stats... Weight: 28lbs Height: 35 inches.
We spend her actual birthday with just the three of us. We had our usual birthday Mickey Mouse pancakes after she opened her presents. Her big present was a slide we found on Craig's list on Valentines night for $50! I was so happy because it was $160 if we bought it new so we were just going to have to wait. She loved it too! It was nice it fell on a holiday so Eric could spend the day with us. We didn't end up doing to much because it was raining all day but we had fun hanging out together. The next day we had a little party with all her friends. She was obsessed with Horton Hears a Who so we made her a Horton cake. It was harder than we thought but it did end up looking like an elephant! She loved showing her friends her new toys and of course all the attention she was getting. It was fun to see her have her own day and make everything about her. Thanks everyone for coming!
Daddy putting the slide together the night before

Opening her presents. She got Madagascar 2 and has watched it almost everyday since!
Her other favorite present! She got a doll house from Grandma. I loved her reaction when she opened it. She played with it for the rest of the day and for like a week when we came down the stairs in the morning she was so excited that it was still there!
Loving the slide!
sending her doll house people down the slide
It came with such cute stuff
She was so hyper and loved all the attention. It was so fun to see her so excited!
Mckinley, Ava, and Brinley playing with the new toys

The Horton cake! Eric carved the shape and I frosted it. It was quite the project!






8 comments:
Birthday parties are so much fun when you have kids! I love that you guys put so much effort into the cake, it turned out so good! I don't think I would ever dare attempt that. Ava is such a cute 2 year old!!
WOW!! You are a super mom!! The cake turned out great!! She is such a cute little girl. Happy Birthday AVA!!!
That cake is amazing!!! WOW!! You are good at everything! Ava is so cute how she just loves everything and gets excited. She will always have good memories. We are excited to see you guys soon. We are bringing her present in our car. I think she will like it....I hope!
The cake turned out so cute! I'm impressed! Why are you always sleeping when I call?? :)
So cute!! Tell Ava happy birthday from us! Aniston got that same doll house for her 2nd birthday too. She loves it:) I hope everthing is going well. Dresden is darling. I want more pictures!
THat's a cute party! I can't believe how much you have going on with the new baby and a move - you are brave squeezing int he birthday party too!
wow... impressive job on the cake! i love it! don't you just love craigslist... i found the greatest dining table for 150 and in stores it would be 700. your baby boy is so cute... i especially love the creative name. I've never heard it before.
Super cute cake! Tell Ava Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment