Ava is definitely developing a strong little personality. I've always thought so but I've also had her speech lady, gymnastics teacher, and another lady we met tell me the same thing! I think one of them called her strong willed! :) Which isn't always a bad thing. And it's ok because I know she can be the sweetest little thing sometimes. She loves to play with toys, go to gymnastics, play with friends, draw and color(especially our family, candy canes, and circles), play at the park, build towers, and play princess's. She loves to do things as a family. If she is playing with one of us she always asks the other to come play too. She loves watching her shows, her favorites at the moment are Max and Ruby(in the song it says "Ruby and little brother Max" so I started saying "Ava and little brother Dresden" she thinks it's so funny and now she says it when it comes on, Olivia, Dinosaur Train, Sleeping Beauty, Barbie shows, and Word World.
She has become such a picky eater! If she could she would eat banana's, pop tarts, baby bel cheese, chicken nuggets, and turkey,crackers, and cheese every day! She loves juice too. She HATES water still and only drinks it at night because that's the only thing we give her after she brushes her teeth. And a few days ago she counted all the way to 13 with out missing any numbers! I was so proud of her.
She loves to play with and sometimes annoy Dresden. When we hear him wake up she has to be the first one up to get him. She says "don't worry Geggen(Dresden) At least it's not baby anymore, I'm coming. It's so sweet. She just plays in there with him til I come up. It's kinda nice! She loves to jump with him and give him snacks. She can be so sweet with out us even asking. She can also be mean though. She doesn't like him touching her princess's! She will throw him the most random toy/closest thing to her, when she doesn't want him to touch her stuff.
Lately she has been into surprising us. It's so funny, she holds something behind her back, and says "close you eyes mom, I surprise you". Then she waits a few seconds, pulls it out and says "surprise". She has started doing it with the most random things.
One of my favorite things about Ava is that she is so polite. I've always thought that but I really love when people watch her or work with her I get comments about how polite she is. She says, thank you, please, excuse me, and no thank you. Sometimes I'll ask her to pick something up and she'll say "no thank you"! I have to remind her that I wasn't asking I was telling! :)
Ava's speech has really improved! She can basically carry on a conversation and I can understand her. There are still those times where I have no idea what she is saying but if she keep talking I can figure it out. She had her big test to find out weather she quality's for speech through the school districts a few weeks ago. I had the meeting with the team on Wednesday and found out that she DOES qualify. Which is is good, I think it will be good for her and she will love going to preschool. I'm just sad that it's for those reasons. I was trying to hold back tears as they were telling me everything. It's just a hard for me to watch her go through it. I just don't ever want her to think she is different in a bad way. Of course she'll love going to a big girl school! They said she had to be lower in 2 of the 5 areas. Of course she was low in speech and the other was social. I tried really hard to push the social part. She plays well with other kids but I want her to be able to hold her own when other things happen. For those of you with girls you know they can be so mean sometimes! I want her to feel comforable keeping up with them. She is getting so good at saying "can I play with you". I've been so proud of her. The hard part is getting the other girls to say yes when there is more than one! :( I just think having friends is a very important thing! But I was excited to hear she was above her age range in motor skills(writing, drawing). And the other two she was right with-in her age range.
She will start classes on her birthday! She will go 4 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. Which seems like a lot of time. She also gets to ride the bus. I think that will be the hardest part! I think she will love that part but I guess we'll see.
Well that's alot about our little Ava! She is growing up so fast! We love you SO MUCH Ava!
She is so sweet to help me feed Dresden. Most the time I don't even ask, If I get up and there is food on the table she will scoot over and start talking to him and feeding him.
This is actually her bring nice, Dresden loves it too!







1 comment:
Post a Comment