Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Day

We had the best Christmas this year! I was so excited to watch Ava open presents because she is getting older and was starting to understand it, and super excited to watch Dresden open them because it was his first Christmas! We started out having our own little Christmas with the kids up in my parents loft. The kids were so cute about the presents. I loved all Ava's surprised faces! Dresden was so happy with the paper and he just watched Ava alot. Ava was so happy with her new toys and wanted to open them ALL. We tried to only let her open a few so we could still fit everything in car. After we got done my parents came up to check everything out. Ava was pretty excited to show them everything, and she would only pose cute for grandma's pictures! What!? She's tired of me taking pictures!!?? Crazy!



Running to see if Santa came! Ava was so cute on the way up she grabbed Dresden's hand and said "mon baby"



Love that face!








This is the first thing she opened! And she loves it! This is her one time letting me take a picture!

Our cute little family

We got ready, let Dresden take a nap and headed to Eric's parents. It was fun seeing his family and Ava liked playing with "the boys". We hung out there for awhile and then went back to my parents for their Christmas. I love being with my whole family! We opened the presents from each other first. I love that we open them one at a time so we can all see what everyone gets. Then is was the kids turn. There is so many of them and they are all getting so old we just had them open them a present all at the same time. Ava and Dresden were so spoiled and I wondered why we (or Santa) even gave them anything!!:) She was so sweet and always said "sank you". Dresden was so happy about everything he got but still wanted to play with whatever Ava had. She is still at the age where everything is exciting and she would have been happy with only a couple presents. Eric and I got great presents, our big present this year was a new video camera! It's so cute, we love it. It's all on a hard drive so we don't have to worry about tapes or cd's. On top of all the presents my amazing mom put together a twelve days of Christmas bog again this year! Ava loves opening a present every day. She put so much work into them and they are all about the true meaning of Christmas!
After presents we ate dinner and hung out for a bit. We were all pretty tired. After everyone left Dresden got his second wind and was loving his hew tonka push toy! He was being so funny, we were all just watching him for almost a half hour. I can't wait for next year!!


Drake showing Dresden his new football gloves!






Ava got a cute leotard,tutu, and leggings! She really wanted to put it all on. I didn't want to take her clothes off so I just put them on top! She loved it, she danced around and loved being the center of attention!
Drake is so adorable in his football stuff!

She thought this was so cool. Too bad she couldn't open it til we got home.



Yeah... BOY toys! He loved them and knew just what to do!

Me, Dresden, Angi, Pheebe, and Robyn



We do this hat thing every year! Don't we look cute!?

He was so funny and got so mad when he couldn't go any further. He is getting so close to walking. He has taken like 5 or 6 steps so far. It's hard to believe Ava had already been walking for a month at this age. I already miss having all that carpet for him to walk on! :)

3 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Looks like you had such a fun Christmas!

Rachael said...

Cute pics!! Did your parents move? You have a cute family. Poor Robyn looks so uncomfortable...how much longer does she have??

Melody said...

You guys definitely look cute in your Santa hats! Dresden is so cute with his push toy, and I love all of Ava's toys and dress-ups. I also like being able to open presents one at a time and watch what other people get. I think that is what makes it the funnest.