Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My baby's first hair cut

We decided to trim Ava's hair while we were in Utah. She had a bit of a feathered mullet. It's not a huge change because I still wanted to be able to pull it up but it looks a little more even now. I was so excited I had heard great things about cookie cutter's, and Ava does so good for me when I comb her hair every day. Well she was not having it!!! I think maybe we got into it to fast but she was so scared! Poor thing just wanted out of the chair. But sheesh she was watching a movie, they gave her a sucker, another girl was blowing bubbles, and she had a balloon, what more could she ask for!!?? As soon as it was done she played on the slide they have and was just fine. She's a bit dramatic!! We may try for an actual hair cut when she turns two! Here is our little sad spoiled baby!

Things started out just fine...
and then she was done!

playing on the slide with her new hair cut!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Hey I think I recognize that lady cutting Ava's hair if you went to the one in Draper. They opened one up by us in South Jordan, but I still take Gabe to Draper cuz I found that they cut better. Poor Ava! She is so smart she knew something was going on. Gabe's first haircuts were hard too. We went to Hair Connections in A.F. and I had to sit there and hold him while we looked at Sesame Street number cards while his hair got all over me. It was itchy and gross. I swear it gets better! She looks SO CUTE! Gabe was excited to see she played on the slide.

The Brockbanks said...

You are so lucky that you get to go have her hair cut. I am praying that by the time Aniston is two she will get a couple of strands of hair! The bald, getting called a boy, thing is getting old. Ava looks so cute! I know you are so busy. When you get un-busy would you help me with my header?
Thanks!

jodi said...

So cute- her hair looks adorable! I really am just starting to take pictures, so if you ever in town I would love to get together and learn some of your tricks! I got the Sony A 10 camera, which do you have?

Rachael said...

I am not looking forward to getting Haven's hair cut. She doesn't even like me to do her hair. Everyday we fight it out. But Ava looked like she still did pretty good. So how did Cookie Cutters do?

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

Oh, look at her sad face! That is so cute! Her hair always looks so cute and done-up!