Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mom comes to visit!

My mom came to visit us this last weekend! It was so nice to have her here! My sister Robyn and her husband didn't make it(maybe next month) but it was alot of fun hanging out with my mom. She got in late Wednesday night so Ava was sleeping. I was wondering how she was going to react when she saw grandma. She was so good, a little nervous at first but she warmed right up and played with her. Thursday morning we went shopping for Ava! Grandma spoiled her and she got the cutest fall clothes ever! I can't wait for it to get cold!(Thanks again mom). Then we ate lunch and just hung out! Friday we got to go shopping for me while Eric was in school. That night we ate the Cheesecake Factory! It was my first time eating there, it was pretty good! Then Saturday we did a bit more shopping and of course got a cold stone before lunch! We watched the BYU football game on T.V. and ordered pizza! She had to leave Sunday afternoon. It was so hard to let her go!

It was amazing in just the three and half days she was here I got to sleep in twice, Ava learned to sleep through the night(mostly), the house was pretty much always clean, Eric and I got to go on a date to a movie(Game Plan- it was so cute!) while grandma watched Ava, it was also one of the first times someone watched here that she didn't cry at all, AND we had real meals most of the time(Eric's favorite part)! So I'm pretty sure I have the best mom ever! (Thanks for coming to visit us) We can't wait to come up in about two weeks.

While she was here she took lots of pictures and video of Ava, so here are some of them! She is always happy when she is taking a bath and walking around. She will go all around the house if ya let her, she thinks she is such a big girl.


Ava after her bath, she is so cuddly when she gets out!

One last hug before she left! Grandma hates pictures so this is all we could get out of her!

I actually took this one this morning-this is what she looked like when I went to get her out of bed-she was just jabbering away with the hippo on her head! She is so funny!




3 comments:

Jake & Robyn said...

I seriously can't stop laughing at the Hippo picture! that is too cute!! I'm so sad we didn't get to come down..But I'm excited to see you guys in a week!!

Camille said...

Aren't moms the best!!! I am so glad you had so much fun. We love you and miss you very much, but I look at you blog 3 or 4 times a week. Teigun, Ty and Taige want to go to the park with Ava so when we come you need to have a park in mind. XOXO

The Cliftens said...

Raquel!
Yeah, we are so much alike, huh? I knew out of everyone you would have a blog. It is so cute! Yours is so professional, you are going to have to give me tips. I just started so mine isn't so great yet. Sounds like you are enjoying Vegas, but we definitely missed you at Bri's wedding! Ava is soo cute and she is getting so big too! Are you guys going to St George for Thanksgiving?