Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bear Lake part 1

I thought our trip to Utah was never going to happen! I started counting down about a month before we left. We hadn't been home since Christmas. It was the longest we had gone without seeing family. In Vegas we went home a lot more often so I was very excited to see everyone. We left July 25th and spent the night at a hotel, then got up and finished the drive. The drive was extra long because we had to stop every two to two and half hours so I could stretch my legs. At 31 weeks I was nervous to sit in a car for every long. And poor Dresden gets car sick and threw up after Parley's Canyon. But we finally made it. The first three days we spent in Lehi.

After hanging out for about an hour we headed to the Lehi Foam Day. The fire fighters spray this foam out of their giant hoses. For some reason I expected it to be mostly kids but I was surprised how many adults were playing in it! Our kids have never been and were very hesitant at first. They eventually went in and had fun though. They loved being with their cousins too!


 Robyn, Angi, me. My sister hates pictures and somehow this is the only picture we have together. But it's been so fun being pregnant together, only 7 weeks apart!

 The kids got sparkly temporary tattoos.  Ava wanted hers the same as her 4th of July shirt!



After getting as messy and dirty as they possibly could we headed home to take baths and eat dinner. And of course Cafe Rio was on my list of places to eat! We all ate at my sister's house and let the kids play. I can't believe Cafe Rio hasn't made it's way over to Lincoln yet! :) It was so so good!



We were packing as much stuff as we could into our day so after that we went to the American Fork Carnival. We know it's super classy :) but the kids had a blast riding the rides. Thanks to my mom who bought everyone tickets! I didn't take many pictures but we had alot of fun. It was just so nice being with my family again.





Sunday we went to church and then hung out with the Wilbur's. It was great getting to see Eric's family too. The kids love playing in the backyard with the swing set and tramp and seeing cousins on that side.

Monday morning we went with my sister and Mom to Kneaders! The other place that was on my list! I miss Utah restaurants so much! Then Eric watched the kids while my mom and I got pedicures for part of my birthday present. Pedicures while being pregnant are the best! Then it was home to pack for Bear Lake. My mom, Robyn and Richard were nice enough to take Ava and Dresden up with them and their kids so Eric and I could do a little shopping and drive up by ourselves! HEAVEN! We didn't get to as many places as I wanted because I was having so many braxon hicks and was just so tired but it was nice spending time just Eric and I. Also my new camera came! I had it sent to my sister's house and finally got around to getting a card and messing with it on the way! It feels so good to have a nice camera again! We made it to Bear Lake about 9 and got the full tour of the newly remodeled cabin! Wow I was so impressed with how everything turned out. It went from 4 bedrooms and 2 baths to 6 bedrooms and 3 baths with a big loft. The kitchen is amazing as well with all new stainless steel appliances and a huge  new table! I was so glad we decided to spend the whole week there! We even got the best room in the house, one of the king size beds with the view of the lake! I took a few pictures but it's so much nicer in person!

 Our view!


 The loft, 4 bedrooms, and a bathroom upstairs.


3 pantries! One for each big family that stays. And part of the giant table!

It was just us, my mom, Robyn and Sienna, and Richard and his kids for the first couple days. Lucky for Ava and Dresden because they got Brynli and Drake all to themselves! Then Rob and Jenn and my Dad and Russ and Camille came up later.

 Woke up to this sweet boy the first morning! Love a king size bed!

 Bryn and Ava playing dolls!

 Dinner outside!




 The outside!

 This was a usual sight for these two! Sienna about to charge and stand right in front of Dresden and just stare at him! So funny!

 Breakfast!

 Ava, Tia, and Camille! Russ surprised Camille with two stand up paddle boards for her birthday. We will be getting these some day! They were so much fun!








 Golf on the beach!


Painting is a favorite at Bear Lake



No comments: