Monday, August 13, 2012

4th of July

The 4th of July this year was so much fun! It was a huge reminder of when we first moved here. Last year it was only a week after we moved here and our first interaction with our new ward.

They do the big city fireworks on the 3rd so we went with some friends to watch them that night.



The 4th started out the same as last year...the Pancake breakfast! I had been looking forward to it for a long time. Our ward does such a good job and the kids have a lot of fun. I made monkey bread and I think mostly our family and the Nehrings ate it all! Everything was so yummy!



After breakfast was the bike parade! The kids loved decorating their bikes and riding around. Everyone makes a big deal and they feel so special! After they just run around and play together.



 All the girls! Ellie, Kate, Emily, Ava, Lily, and Isabelle


After the breakfast we decided it was so hot we needed to go swimming! So we headed to the YMCA
 pool with our friends!

 Dresden, Stacy, and Talmage enjoying some popcorn!

 We were so proud of Ava, she randomly decided she wanted to try to pass the swim test! She swam across the whole pool and back and was so excited to go down the slide! She is such a little fish. She wore the little bracelet around her ankle for almost the whole summer!

Eric going down and then remembering his sun glasses were still on as he got to the bottom!

After swimming we all came home and took naps! I don't remember the last time that happened...if ever! Then we headed to Durhams house to have a BBQ and do fireworks. Also the first place we were invited to last year. It was fun thinking about how we met everyone a year ago. We had a blast and the fireworks did not disappoint! They let you do all the big ones here in Lincoln and it's a loved holiday around here!
 Ashley was so sweet to paint the kids faces!

 A couple days before my friend Stacy and I got together to make freezer paper stencil shirts. I was just going to make them for the kids but thought it would be fun to make them for everyone! I know...cheesy but I can't help it! Ava loved helping me put on the jewels. And I made her a cute little matching bow.They turned out pretty good and the kids loved them and still wear them!

 Ava and I had to have festive toes too!

 Ava is so not a fan of noise, which make the 4th of July a rough holiday for her!

 Baby bump! This was about 29 weeks!

Two cute kiddos putting on their best forced smiles! :)
We had a wonderful 4th and are sad that it was our last here in Lincoln!

1 comment:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

LOVE all the pics! What a fun 4th! I seriously can't believe it has been a year since you moved! So crazy! And so sad how time flies! When will we get to see you again!? Love the shirts, you're still as cute and crafty as ever :) Miss you my dear!