Monday, August 1, 2011

heart crayons

The other day Ava and I were so bored while Dresden was napping. I asked Ava if she wanted to make heart crayons. She looked at me with a huge smile and said "uh YESSS"! So we gathered all our broken crayons and our Ikea heart tray and started peeling away. She was really into peeling the crayons...until she was about 5 crayons in. Then she said "you can do the rest mom". But she came around and had an even better time breaking them up into small pieces. It was nice spending time with just Ava doing something she was super excited about. She lives for doing fun things we don't do every day. We tried to match up the colors a little and then we popped them in the oven! Ava tried to be patient but was checking on them every 2 minutes. They finally finished and she was very excited to pull them out and start coloring. I really didn't know what I was doing but they turned out ok. Ava thought they looked wonderful because she kept asking if she could eat them! So next on our list of things to do will be making heart shape cookies!
Dresden woke up just in time and was so happy to try out the new crayons too!







Dresden is always fully aware when there is a camera out! I hardly ever get real moments because he always pulls out this cheesy smile... even if he's not looking at the camera!

No comments: