Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ava's 4th birthday- Tangled party

I can't believe my little Ava is 4 years old already! Her birthday was February 16th. She absolutely loved the Tangled movie so we decided to give her a Rapunzel party! I loved the movie too so I was pretty excited.
I wanted everything to have a Rapunzel theme!

The hair hanging down was my favorite! I did not realize how hard it would be to untangle two rolls of yarn and keep it together! The plan was to braid it but it was WAY harder than I thought. Se we just did the end! haha I think the kids still liked it though!

While we waited for everyone to get there we coloring Rapunzel coloring pages. And since Rapunzel spend so much time in her tower painting I thought everyone should get to paint their own canvas. Of course just on Ava's birthday it decided to be raining and super windy. So the girls painted on the porch. I put contact paper shapes and their first initial on the canvas so when they painted it would leave a little white!


After that they were ready for a snack so we made fruit towers and ate banana chocolate chip muffins.



Next we played pin the frying pan on Flynn! The girls were so funny and after everyone had a turn they wanted to play again!



Then we opened presents. Ava got so many fun things, she has the greatest friends! They loved standing right in front of her to see what she got.

Brinley made this for her. SO sweet!
Daddy and Dresden hanging out watching!



And our last activity was making charm necklaces. I printed out pictures from Rapunzel on shrink paper and the girls picked out which ones they wanted along with some beads.

The girls were being so silly and spent alot of time lifting each other up to reach the sign!

And we can't forget the cake. Eric made it all by himself and did a great job. Ava LOVED it! She thought it was pretty cool.
It was so fun having the day all about Ava! She loved all the attention too! Her friends were so nice. And what was going to be the best part of the party didn't happen because of the darn wind and rain. We bought these cool lanterns, like the ones in the movie, that we were going to let go. It would have been so fun to let them go for our little princess on her birthday! But we still had fun and I can't believe she is 4! We love you Ava!!



After her party we went to her favorite restaurant... Red Robin! We went with the Winwards and Kinghorns too. Ava LOVED when they sang to her and she got her own ice cream. I was sad I didn't have my camera but she was cute!
Then we came home and opened presents from all the grandmas and grandpas and a few cousins and us.

Dresden thought it was funny to hide in the paper and then jump out!


Eric and I got her a leapster! She loves it and it's been so good for her. They have some cute games. We are so thankful for all the wonderful presents she received!

4 comments:

Kate and Wes said...

So cute!!! I want Makenna to have a Tangled party but she wants Strawberry Shortcake. You did such cute activities. I'll have to copy some of your ideas if I can get her to change her mind.

Danny and Kaitlin said...

That is so cute! I cant believe shes 4! Both your kids are getting so big! Its time for another one ;)

Layne and Natalie said...

You & Robyn are quite the party planners!! I love it!

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

You are quite the little party planner! SO SO fun! Brinley had a blast! Thanks for inviting her! We love having little miss Ava as our friend!