Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Painting pumpkins

I thought I better hurry and get these pictures up since Halloween is over! We had a great Halloween day. It was Nevada Day so Eric had the day off.(YEAH) We did a little shopping and then went to a pumpkin patch to pick some pumpkins to paint. Ava had so much fun painting her pumpkin. Probably alot had to do with the fact that she got to sit on the table while she did it. She thought she was so cool! Daddy decided to carve his and I just painted and little one. It was actually a really fun little family activity. I love that she is getting old enough to do fun things with us. She still has a short attention span but she is getting there.
For some reason she was tired at about 6:30 so we decided to just put her to bed. She really didn't need any more candy and she since she can't say trick or treat we figured she wouldn't know the difference anyway. We only got one trick or treater too! Weird. But Eric and I had a good night just hanging out and watching a scary movie!

holding her freshly painted pumpkin

Helping daddy pull the sticky stuff out of his pumpkin

she painted her legs for awhile











Ava's, mine, and Daddy's pumpkins


getting in the tub to wash the paint off!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Those are the coolest pumpkins I have ever seen! We love Jack! That Hello Kitty is awesome, and Ava's painting has put the biggest smile on my face. So cute! I wish she would have helped me gut our pumpkins. And I just love her costume and those cute boots!

meg said...

The pumpkins turned out really cute! Ava looks like she had a lot of fun. P.S. She looks so cute in her Halloween costume!

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

U R such a cute mom, I had good intentions to paint but never quite did it this year. I can't imagine Drake with a paintbrush in hand, so scary! I loved your pics, and her as a Doodlebop I had to double take she looked like Bryn in some of those. Sooooo cute!!!!! Miss you guys!

kelliemcc said...

That is a pretty cool Jack pumpkin! I will have to remember that for next year.