I decided to skip ahead for a second so I don't forget my favorite things about miss Nora.
I love this age! She is so funny and just a sweetheart! She will be 17 month soon and I can't believe how fast the months go by.
These are the things I think about when I think about Nora right now.
^^Silly baby! She kept these goggles on a whole lot longer than I thought she would.^^
-She loves books! She became interested when I stopped nursing and now we read 3 or 4 books every night. She started out with the short little books and now she loves reading the longer ones of Ava's. Her current favorites are Pinkalicious, and Olivia. I am so surprised she listens to the whole thing and then signs more to read it again. She also loves books where you have to lift the flap and ones with animals.
-She is talking so much. She is saying so many words and way sooner than Ava and Dresden. She is a little copy cat and tries to say everything we say. The kids will bug her with "can you say..." all day long! She can say mama, dada, dum (done), Ava, deden (Dresden), nose, baby, no, mo, (more), caco (Costco), mimi (what she calls her binky), cow, du (duck), snow, coat, go, gama (grandma), coo, (cool). I love hearing her little voice. She jabbers all day long as if she is telling you all about her day and what she's doing. My favorite is when she is holding a book and jabbering away like she is reading.
-She loves her binky. I'm so nervous for when we have to take it away. Darn binky clip is awesome but it has made her rely on it all the time. She is constantly grabbing at her shirt searching for it.
-She loves babies and barbies. And for some reason she especially loves Ken! :)
-She is taking two naps but just in the last few days has started just playing in her crib for the last one. Not sure what I'm going to do. I can't even remember what age they switch to one nap. I hope not yet!
-She isn't a huge fan of T.V but her favorite show is actually Rio. I put in on one day and thought she would really like the birds. But it was really the first song that she loves to dance to. She will watch more now but that first song makes her so excited! She likes Mickey Mouse too.
-She is a picky eater, but she wants to eat all the time! She used to eat anything and now not so much. She loves chicken nuggets. She also eats turkey hot dogs, mac and cheese, mandarin oranges, black beans, chicken, pickles, burritos, applesauce, raspberries, and go-gurt. Sometimes she will eat a sandwich but not very often. Ava also doesn't eat sandwiches. Weird! She sometimes she still eats the baby food pouches but we are slowly getting rid of those. Expect she loves the applesauce ones still.
- She loves to play outside and swing. Too bad it's cold most the time. This was one of the few days it was nice out.
-She loves Dresden and most the time loves Ava. Ava just can't resist picking her up and she does not like it! :) There are those moments though where all three of them play well together and it melts my heart.
-She has a silly personality. She loves to laugh and fake laugh all the time. She will find socks all over the house and bring them to me to put on her feet. She also loves shoes and coats.
-She loves to have her hair brushed. And in the mornings she is totally fine with me combing her hair, even without the T.V on. I just feel like she is a good girl and just does what we say like it's totally normal. Sometimes her patience amazes me. She also loves bows in her hair. And she will bring them to me when they fall out, which I'm so thankful for! :)
-One of my favorite things she does is fold her arms for prayers. Its the cutest thing I've ever seen. All we have to say is that it's time for prayer and she does it. She has only last the whole way through the prayer with them folded a few times though. :) She will even squint her tiny eyes if we ask her to close her eyes.
-She loves the gym daycare and now walks in like she owns the place. Her favorite part is going to get Dresden in the big kid area so she can play on the toys and and she also loves eating at the Cafe. She loves her Pirate Booty! She does not share those either! Some how she always steals our shakes.
- Sometimes I can't believe how good she is... and then she will of course have her moments of fits. She doesn't like to have things broken in half for her. So if I try and give her "some" she throws a fit. And she hates when daddy has to brush her teeth. She wants to do it herself. This is a hard age where I don't know exactly what she wants, it's a lot of pointing! :)
We love you so much Nora Nora! You bring so much joy to our family.









No comments:
Post a Comment