Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Hunger Games

When the Hunger Games came out one of my friends thought it would be fun to make Hunger Games t-shirts and go on a group date to see the movie. I had never read any of the books even though we have all three because Eric has read them all! I saw the preview and Eric has told me alot about them and I thought it sounded awesome and very interesting so I was excited about seeing the movie.
So for craft night we used freezer paper stencils and make some pretty cute shirts! It was so fun and easy! When Ava saw my shirt she said "cool shirt Mom!" When I told her I made it she thought it was pretty cool and wants to make one herself. So that will be a future project for us. As we were making the shirts the girls were all talking about the books and how great they are. They couldn't believe I had never read them. They all thought I should read it before the movie...in two days! So I decided since I had them I might as well. So I read the whole book (minus the last 4 chapters) in two days even with spending an entire day at the zoo for one of the days. It is a super easy read and Eric was a big help. He took the kids to the gym by himself so I could read and I read on the way to the zoo. It was kinda fun not knowing the ending but then I had to go back and read the end after the movie.
It's amazing how much gets left out of the movie but I still loved the movie and the book. I will definitely be reading the rest!
We had a fun little date afternoon with our friends.


1 comment:

Melody said...

Those are cool shirts, and you look SO cute!