Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easter

It was such a fun Easter this year! My wonderful mom came into town the day before and she gets to stay til Sunday! That's two weeks total! The kids have been so excited for a visitor. We don't get to celebrate many holidays with family so it was a nice change.
I always forget my camera( it's time for my own iphone!) but the kids and I did a little Easter egg hunt with friends on Friday and we also had our ward pancake breakfast and Easter egg hunt on Saturday. We love our ward and the kids are pros at hunting for eggs. It was a great morning. After that we headed to the airport to pick up my mom. Last week was her spring break from school and this week was the real reason for coming. Eric left for an (Endo) AAE conference on Boston on Tuesday and won't be back til this Saturday night. So my mom was nice enough to come out here and stay with me while he is gone. It's been so nice and we have done lots of organizing and playing!
Our church is at 9 so the picture taking didn't last long and it is also not so warm here right now! But I grabbed a few of the kids.

They were freezing and even though I REALLY wanted to get more it wasn't worth the fight.



Ava is all about posing! I couldn't get her to stand still.



After church I had my mom grab a family picture real quick before we saw Easter baskets. Even though it was super windy.

We had just rented the movie HOP so the kids were crazy about Easter and couldn't wait to see if the Eater bunny came. He did of course and they loved everything. They both got new jammies, swim suits, coloring stuff, and sunglasses. Ava got a new necklace and Dresden got new cars! And of course the candy. Ava loves her chocolate!
Grandma also spoiled them with two new shirts for summer!





My mom always puts money in the Easter eggs and this is the first year the kids got to enjoy this tradition. They were in heaven, especially when pulling out the one dollar bills! And the got to find so many eggs since it was just the two of them.




We decided we should talk about the real meaning of Easter. So hopefully this will become our new tradition. There were twelve eggs that tell the story of the resurrection. It was a fun way to teach the kids. Dresden and Ava love their new jammies too. Dresden got that cute cape from a birthday party and thought be should wear it with his new batman jammies!

I thought I would take a few belly pictures. I know I look more like 20 weeks but this was at 16! My body has assumed the position pretty quickly this time! It's a good thing I love a big belly! :)

And a close up!

7 comments:

KoOie said...

I love seeing your blog Kell, your babies are so dang cute and you look amazing!! your dress and belly are adorable and look at your long hair! Hope to see you soon! love ya!

Danny and Kaitlin said...

you are sooo cute! I am loving your belly and your dress! Adorable!

Camille Kinghorn said...

Oh my goodness you look SO cute!! I love seeing you pregnant. I can't wait to see what you are having! Ava and Dresden are so cute and looking so grown up! When are you guys going to Utah next? I really want to see you!! Miss you!

Megan and Travis said...

Very cute pictures! And your growing belly is so cute! And I still love that dress!

Karrissa Winward said...

Ahh post like this make me miss you guys so much! The kids are so grown up and I love your belly! (Eric is so handsome too! :))

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

AH! I LOVE your belly! So cute!! Crazy how quick you pop out with number 3 huh!? Love your family pic, miss you all!!

meng said...

So so cute! LOVE the belly pictures.