Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentines Day

We LOVE this holiday! These couple of weeks are always crazy and this year was no exception. We did make time for a little fun on Valentines day. Ava had fun choosing what she would give her friends. I absolutely love Lincoln schools, they are among the top school systems in the nation. But sometimes they are kinda weird. The kids aren't suppose to bring "food", aka candy for valentines day (or birthday)! WHAT!?! So her options were slim but she went with glow sticks for her class. Our job was to make something for her to put the valentines in. She loved putting stickers all over her container, and was pretty proud of how it turned out!
After school we made little presents for dad. They both thought it was pretty fun to put their hands in paint for their gift. I had them each write things they love about dad, which were pretty funny and wrote them around the heart. I made a little 10 things I love about you card. It was a scratch off and both Ava and Eric enjoyed scratching off each heart. Unfortunately for us Eric has a late class on Tuesdays and doesn't get home til about 7:30. So we were left to make our usual heart shape pizza by ourselves. The kids always love helping in the kitchen. And dad made it home in time for the heart shaped brownies and milk. The kids were so silly blowing bubbles in their milk and making quite large bubbles! It was a wonderful Valentines day together.




A little Valentines heart! She loved it and asks for it all the time now.

Checking out everything she got. She was so sweet to share with Dresden and even gave him a Spiderman pencil which he loved!








Dresden thought his bubbles were pretty hilarious!

1 comment:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

What a fun day! I am learning to love this holiday :) I will have to steal some of your cute ideas for next year!