Wednesday, August 26, 2009

6 Months

I think I forgot how fast they really do grow up!! I am loving this age! He turned 6 months on Sunday. We took him to the Dr. before we left (we are now in Utah) so we could ask about sleeping and eating. He wasn't quite 6 months but he weighed 16lbs 10oz and was 26 inches long. He has to go back for his shots when we get back so it will be interesting to see what he weighs then.

I'm sad to report that is still isn't that great of a sleeper. He got our hopes up after that first night but has only done it once since then. It's pretty random times but he has only been waking up once or twice lately. I really hope he gets better at it soon!

He also seems much happier how that he can sit up! He can sit by himself for about 5-10 minutes before falling over. He just started using his hands to balance himself too. That is for sure my favorite thing right now. He isn't too fond of his belly and just rolls over. He has a nice little back arch that he does when he wants to get up. He can move pretty far by doing it too. Eric thinks that's a sign he will be a good wrestler like his daddy! He can arch his way out of the bouncer and his car seat! He isn't a huge fan of the excersaucer. He only stays in it for about 10 minutes. That made me real sad, he was suppose to love it! He is a little spoiled for sure!

He loves to stand up and be a big boy. One of his favorite things right now is jumping on the bed with Ava. He thinks it's so funny and he has the sweetest little giggle. He loves her so much! He just watches her all day long. Sometimes when we are holding him he just busts out laughing at something Ava did and she wasn't even trying to make him smile. I LOVE it!

Things I love about Dresden:
-He little open mouth smile with no sound
-The way he puts his arms around my neck, squeezes and snuggles up
-His cute little natural mohawk. He just has more hair right down the middle.
-His big blue eyes
-The curvy shape of his mouth
-How he holds his hands up when he wants to be picked up
-That he is sitting up by himself
-His little noises and jabbering sounds
-His laugh when his is being tickled. He is so ticklish!
-How cute he looks in his little basketball shorts
-How much he adores Ava!

We love him so much! I really do love having a boy!! Sometimes I want to put bows in his hair and paint his toes but I always resist. I look forward to all the fun things that come with having a boy!

These are just some pictures from the last couple weeks

chillin outside with some ice cream...don't worry it's just pretend! :)

Daddy brought home a new tooth brushes for the kids. Dre LOVES his little shrek one. It's his favorite thing to chew on right now!







I was in picture taking mode after a photo session so I took some of Dresden a couple weeks ago. His was sitting up so well I couldn't resist!








Love my two handsome boys!

3 comments:

Christina Olson said...

He is adorable!! I can't believe he is 6 months already. Kids grow up wayyyy too fast:)

Teisha said...

Such a handsome little guy!
Sadie was still waking up once or twice a night when she was 6 months old, and I was so frustrated...so I bought and read every book I could about sleeping and babies. The one that worked for us was "Baby Wise". After about a week, Sadie was sleeping through the night and has ever since. Every baby is so different though...it may not work for you, but maybe it's worth a shot (if you haven't tried it already).

Melody said...

Your posts are so cute! I like how Eric says he is going to be a wrestler like him. It was really fun to see you guys. Sorry we didn't get to see you for longer. Ava and Dresden are so cute. I loved him with his toothbrush too.