I don't think I've ever mentioned it on here but she has been in speech therapy for about 5 months. Her therapist thinks she has apraxia (a speech disorder) but said they don't officially diagnose it til they are three. She has improved so much though. When she started she only had about 10 words that we could understand. I would say that now she has about 70 to 80. She is saying two and three word phrases and his much happier that she can communicate. She tries so hard too. I'm so proud of her! She still leaves off the end of some words but most of the time it's just delayed. Little milestones are just a big deal for us! She knows all her colors and can now say most of them! She is also starting to count more. We have a long way to go but we know she can do it!
She has also become VERY independent lately. She has to do everything by herself. Which is good and bad! She has to put on her clothes, get out her bowl, buckle her car seat, open her own cheese, and get in her chair just to name a few.
Potty training is going very well. She now goes everywhere in panties! She sleeps and takes naps in a pull up. Sometimes she stills pees a little tiny bit and then holds it til she sits on the potty. As long as we keep asking her and going before we go places she does really well. I wouldn't say she is officially potty trained but she is getting so close. She gets treats when her panties are dry. She is so cute when we ask if they are dry and looks down to check. She also really enjoys washing her hands!
She is pretty hit and miss with nursery but once she is there is likes it, especially if her friends are there. She likes to say prayers and has even reminded us a few times. She all of a sudden wants to say them before her nap too. She loves to say "amen".
Favorite activities: running, playing with her friends, swimming, climbing on everything, "making food" for all of us, and playing hide and seek is by far her very favorite thing right now. It's so dang cute. She just giggles where ever she is and hides in the most random places. I love it!
Favorite color: Pink!
Favorite book: Ice age 3 and UP! She picked them both out from Barnes and Noble all by herself and we read them every night! She has seen UP and we are taking her to Ice age 3 this week.
Favorite movie: It varies from week to week but she likes Shark Tale, Alice in Wonderland, and Bugs Life. She is funny, she likes to watch bugs when she is outside. She isn't really afraid of them.
Nicknames: Ava lue, Ava bae-ba, sweetie peetie, munchkin.
Favorite foods: Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, grapes, cheese, cookies, and banana's.
She dislikes: Listening to us, sleeping in her own bed :(, wearing clothes, and when I take to long to comb her hair.
She likes: Watching her shows, brushing her teeth, playing outside, being chased, dancing and recently she tries to sing!
I took these a couple days ago when she was playing on her slide. She loves the camera and loves to pose!
We love our little Ava so much and are so glad she is in our family!


2 comments:
She looks so grown up and I can't believe that hair! It's sooo long!
This is such a cool post! I am amazed at all of the things she is doing. She seems so advanced. You guys are incredible Parents! I love the pictures of her and Dresden. I still remember when you taught Gabe his colors.
Post a Comment