Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lehi Roundup week

We just got back from an almost two week vacation in Utah. My mom came out here a few days before and then she flew out with me and the kids. It was quite the ride with a TON of luggage but we made it. The kids did pretty good on the plane, Ava watched a movie and Dresden slept for most of it! I'm so glad my mom was there to help! Eric had to stay home for school so he missed out on all the fun, for at least the first part anyway. I love the rodeo week and I knew Ava would love it too. She had a blast hanging out with her cousins, especially Teigun, who is almost 7 years old. She just kept saying "T' every time we were going somewhere. We go to all three parades and then the Rodeo on Saturday night. It was fun seeing all my cousins there too.

I was so nervous about taking care of both kids but my mom was a HUGE help! She took them for walks in the morning so I could sleep in (one time I slept til 11!) she watched them for all three of my photo sessions, we were spoiled for sure! Thanks so much mom! Night time was rough, Dresden was waking up two or three times and Ava was waking up in the middle of the night. Eric always gets her and takes her back so it was just one more time I had to wake up. I finally just let her sleep with me! These are the pics from the first part of our vacation.



On the plane. Ava was loving it!

Watching a movie



Teigun, Tyson, Taige, and Ava after watching the bird show
Teigun was the best baby-sitter ever! This is the only way he could get her to come over to us. I think I won't have a third until Ava is old enough to baby-sit. Thanks Teigs!

Dresden loved it too!

Having fun at the parade





Grandma and Dresden

getting candy, she was a little better at it this year but still stared at it for awhile before picking it up.

She loved sitting in this chair

Aunt Robyn and Dresden. Thanks for all your help with the kids!
We went the the carnival thing at the park after. Ava was pretty good at the climbing parts. They had lots of blow up toys and slides.
The same smile I get every time I ask her to smile! She had fun at the Rodeo, she loved the horses and the motorcycle riders. It was rough keeping her still though, she wanted to stand on the bleachers all by herself with the big kids.
Uncle Jake and Ava


Hands always in his mouth!

And a horse just for fun!

2 comments:

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

It was fun seeing you at the park! Can't wait until you guys move back up here :) Your pictures are really cute, it looks like you had a good time.

Annie said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Your kids are too cute! I'm glad we will always have the round up week to see each other no matter how far away we live. :)