Monday, September 23, 2013

My first Sprint Triatholon

My friend Ashley asked me about a month before the race if I wanted to do it with her. We were originally going to move the last week in June but decided to stay for the 4th. After talking with her a bit more I decided it would be fun to try. There were a 5 of us that were going to do it so we would get together a few times a week and practice the swimming part. Swimming was by far the hardest. It just wares me out! I did a lot of running in the treadmill and then biking but after trying it outside I realized it's not the same at all. Riding the bike outside was so much harder than inside. I wished I had more time practicing outside. I only did it a couple times. Having to pack didn't give me much time either.
My mom was in town so it was fun to have her there. The Tri was at Norfolk YMCA about two hours away so we stayed in a hotel that night. I was so so nervous! Swimming was just freaking me out. I just didn't want anyone to have to pass me. :) It was a 300 meter swim, 10 mile bike, and 2.5 mile run.
It was so fun waiting with my friends for it start and once it did I had so much adrenaline that it didn't seem that bad. And no one passed me on the swimming part. Biking seemed to last forever and we had a terrible head wind. I thought it was the hardest part of the race. Running wasn't to bad, but I was still so happy to see the finish line! I finished in 1 hour and 14 minutes including transitions. Which I was happy about since I didn't have anything to compare it to. Also I didn't finish last! :) I hope to do another one as soon as I find someone to do it with me!


 ^^There are a few things I would do differently next time, what a wore in general and for sure what I wore swimming! Lesson learned.^^ 

 ^^Me trying to change. Not a good idea while wet!^^



^^The kids were so sweet waiting for me!^^

 ^^Eric was so supportive through this.^^



^^So happy my mom was there to watch.^^


 ^^I LOVED racing with these girls!^^


1 comment:

Karrissa Winward said...

That is so awesome!! Way to go!!