Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Richard

There really aren't many words for this post. It's hard to even comprehend it all. 
Looking back I feel so grateful that he and Drake were able to come stay at our house in Lincoln for a while in November. It was so nice getting to spend time with him. When I left from the Christmas vacation in Utah, things weren't great but I had no idea how fast they would change. My mom called the end of January and Nora and I flew out the beginning of March to spend some more time with him. It was crazy hard to leave knowing it was probably the last time I would see him in person. And even though I was able to face time a couple times after that it was killing me I wasn't there to help and see him more. 


 During my visit in March

 Seriously love them!!!





We drove straight through to Utah as soon as we heard the news. The worst news ever. I hate that I wasn't there.
Jake gave a little family home evening the night we got there. It was wonderful and a great reminder of the Plan of Salvation.


 My sister made these amazing boards.


I was able to make a video for him. It was so hard looking at the pictures daily but it was also nice to remember a lot of things about his life.

 He was really loving jelly belly's...and Taco Bell! :)










 The pals. His best friends. There was a girl taking pictures and I wish I had some of hers.

I think about him EVERYDAY! He will be greatly missed by a lot of people! He was the funniest person I've ever met and could always make people laugh. I know the things I say here could never really explain how I feel but I love him so so much!
It was hard going home for our trip to Bear Lake knowing he wouldn't be there. So glad Angi, Brynli and Drake came though. It's crazy how much something like this can change you. I have different outlook on a lot of things.

We had a motto of "pray for pete" and the kids got really good at remembering him in all their prayers. Dresden is the sweetest. He still remembers to pray for him only now he says "and bless Uncle Pete that he can have a fun day in heaven, and have fun on his fun day"! Seriously word for word. It always makes us smile.

Someone gave Angi this quote that I just love.
"Because someone we love is in heaven, there is a little bit of heaven in our home.
And I think it's so true!


2 comments:

Camille Kinghorn said...

Raquel I am so sorry for your loss. I thought about you and prayed for you guys a lot during that time. What a blessing to know you will see him again. Living away from family can be so hard at times, but Im sure he always knew how much you loved him. You are so strong! Love ya!

Karrissa Winward said...

Gosh I am crying! I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of your brother with us. Love you!