Hi Raquel and Eric,
I wanted to drop you a note about Dresden this week. He is doing super at school in fact he is completing all of the routine without any support and is participating in every part of the day. You would have thought he has been in the classroom before as he caught on right away! Not only is he doing well with following directions he is playing very appropriately with peers. An example of this would be, he was playing with the car garage along with another boy and one of them wanted the ramp up and the other down. I could see it was going to be a problem so I walked over to them and asked both of them what was going on. They shared their problem then when I asked them what we should do about it the other boy said we could take turns. Dresden said, "Yah and he can go first". He waited until the other child had a couple turns then he took his 2 turns and then they were fine. These kinds of problem solving skills are so good for kids to workout and I was impressed with his willingness to go second and wait even longer... He also participated in our small group discussion about feelings and talked about the emotions then made them on his face yesterday.
I am so happy to have him in our classroom, we get to see those cute dimples everyday!
Have a good weekend,
Brenda
*********************************
*********************************
1 comment:
Hey I was on Carrie's blog and thought I would check out what you are up to. Wow your kids have gotten so big! I can't believe you have three already.
Post a Comment