I guess we knew it was coming but it came way to fast! You'd think we wouldn't mind it after moving 8 times since we've been married but this has been my favorite house and I really didn't want to leave! PACKING sucks! We did it all by ourselves so I'm glad we started early. The kids were ok and I was SOOOO happy we had some great friends to watch the kids for us...thanks Karrissa, Becca, and Megan, we couldn't have done it with out them! We went with the ABF moving company and because we tried to save money and we didn't really have the space for a huge truck to sit outside our house for three days we decided to do terminal to terminal. Which at the time sounded fine. But we had to load everything into a uhaul then drive to the ABF place, then unload everything and load it into their truck! By far the most annoying thing EVER! It was just Eric and I moving all the couches, dressers, furniture, and boxes across two trucks. It took like three hours. Needless to say we will not be doing that when we get to Nebraska. We will have them drop the truck right in front of our house! It was quite the moving day. We thought we would leave by 2 or 3 and we didn't leave til 10.
During the packing the kids were forced to play with whatever wasn't packed. We pulled out Ava's dress up's (which she hardly ever plays with) to pack up and she dressed up herself and Dresden. They had just gotten out of the tub and as always Ava had found her clothes that don't fit her or are winter clothes. They played so well together and it sure makes a mom happy to see! She was so sweet with him, helping him put on shoes and picking out hats. Poor Dresden was covered in girl stuff, minus the spiderman costume! I love when they play so well together. Dresden looks up to Ava so much and always wants to do whatever she is doing. Ava loves telling him what to do and he will do almost everything she says! I had to take pictures they looked so silly!




This picture might come in handy one day! haha!
1 comment:
We love how Ava dressed Dresden up too. :-) So cute!
Post a Comment