Tuesday, October 8, 2013

4th of July and Goodbye's

We love the 4th of July! Well the kids love everything but the actual fireworks. I'm so glad we decided to stay for the 4th. It just felt right, that's how we were welcomed into the ward and where we met the wonderful friends we have. Our third and final 4th of July in Lincoln was a bitter sweet day. We had so much fun at the ward breakfast and bike parade. I was trying to pretend like I wasn't leaving the next day but it was hard. We also finally got to see the Nehrings who had just got back from a month vacation to Utah and Canada. We stayed and hung out at the park for a bit and then made plans to go swimming at the YMCA. 

 ^^Annual bike parade^^


 ^^These two...love them and their cute personalities!^^


 ^^The girls! Ava was lucky to have so many fun girls to hang out with!^^


We went home and tried to pack up some more stuff and get it loaded and then my wonderful mom stayed home to clean while we went swimming. Nora also stayed home for a nap. Of course the kids loved every minute.

Love these families!




Stacy and Josh were so nice to keep Ava and Dresden at the pool with them while we went home to finish up the last of the packing. They even took them back to their house after for one last play date! What would we do with out them?! We were pretty rushed all day but we made it to Julie's annual 4th of July party! She is so nice to host and has the perfect set up for it.





^^Ashley painted faces again too!^^




^^Poor Nora wasn't feeling very good so she was pretty chill.^^




Once it got dark Nora was out and Ava and Dresden were scared to death of the noise and fireworks. They wouldn't even do sparklers. These are a few phone pictures from the night.

 ^^How both kids spend the night!^^

 ^^This is the girls tradition they do every year. So sad to leave such fun girls!^^

Saying goodbye was the worst. I felt the same way I did when we had to leave Vegas. IT STINKS and I didn't want to do it!! How did it come so fast? After lots of goodbyes and lots of tears the Nehrings walked to our car with us and sent us off. We know we will keep in touch so that made it a little easier. I grew to love Lincoln and especially the people that lived there. It really doesn't matter where you live, it's about the people in your life. Good friends are the best and I miss all my dental school friends. We will always look back at the last 6 years and remember them as some if the best times in our lives!






1 comment:

Camille Kinghorn said...

Moving really does suck! So awesome to have such great friends though. How is CO? We need to catch up some time soon!!